or “Some Things I’d Want to Address if I Were President”
I recently posted a, well, let’s call it half-joking notion, that I am running for president in 2020.
So for the half that may not have been a joke, here’s some things I’d like to tackle.
1. Slowing, halting, or reversing the perpetual devaluing of the dollar, and to a greater extent, all currencies.
2. Increased education in the area of moral fortitude. I’ve often said, “You cannot protect your kids when they go out into the world. You can only teach them to protect themselves.” This goes toward a wide range of challenges they will face, include all things related to sex and reproduction, fiscal responsibility, and how to think and behave communally.
4. Defense that makes sense. We have enemies. We have friends. How do we make friends out of enemies without losing our friends? And how do we protect ourselves from the enemies we can’t befriend without burdening ourselves excessively in the process?
5. The environment. It’s our responsibility whether global climate change is an issue or not. Matter cannot be created or destroyed, it can only be converted from natural resource to styrofoam. How do we change it back?
6. Infrastructure. This isn’t just how we get from Point A to Point B, but how we fuel our vehicles and ourselves along the way.
7. Federal rights versus state rights. Are we letting the wrong parties decide our personal rights?
8. Better communication. I’ve said it many times, “It’s not just what you say, but how you say it.” How much of what we fail to accomplish for the better is caused by a breakdown in communication, whether we’re talking about couples or congresses?
9. Higher education. Student-athletes. These issues play into points 1, 2, 8, and maybe even 6. This has to be reigned in, no matter the cost, because the cost is already no matter.
10. And a whole lot more. I’m sure there’s a reason presidents go grayer in office. I know it would be a lot of work, but I’ve a kid now. That was a game changer for me. Things have got to get better for his sake.
So there you have it. Just some thoughts on what I might say if asked about the issues and my plans as president. Enjoy!